Sunday, November 16, 2008

The First Puppy


Who doesn’t love a cute and cuddly puppy? I know I do! I really love cats, but who can resist tiny puppy? I have my dog, Molly, a black shiz tzu, who is possibly as dumb as a rock, but I still love her unconditionally. My roommate has a dog that she talks about it as if it is her sister…seriously, ask any of my friends. I think everyone has a little part of their heart that just can’t resist dogs. Well, I think a lot of us know, and most of the country, that Barack Obama loves dogs too!

Obama promised his little girls a puppy to have in the White House. Of course, as soon as he said this, the entire part of the country that is for animal rights jumped all over this. They began texting, emailing, blogging, and Twittering that the presidential pup must be from a rescue shelter. If you don’t know what puppy mills are or what happens in them, I dare you to google them. I don’t think I am brave enough to even do that.

But, we have some hope from Obama’s endorsement for the Human Society Legislative Fund (see posted picture!) Obama certainly knows how mend the bi-partisan divide by bringing everyone together ogle over a little helpless one legged dog. But on a more serious note, Obama campaigned to stop puppy mills, and we can hope that he carries this campaign with him to the White House.

So what does all of this have to do with CMC? Animal activists are using all forms of CMC to get to the President-elect about this issue. Obama who has been labeled as the Internet President, must take notice of this upraise and concern about the poor treatment of dogs in puppy mills. So lets hope that Obama makes this “change” for innocent puppies!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I had looked into blogging about this article for this week! I think that it is so interesting what the internet can do for a person. If Obama can help to stop puppy mills, he will have the loyal support of the thousands of people who try to protect the poor and innocent puppies. And if he can use different CMC devices to get his word out? Then that is even better for him and his image. I hope that Obama comes through on many of the promises that he made to America, but especially this campaign!!!